1. because of the frozen lemonade stains,
what honey bee stings are made of,
humming like ivory and gold.
2. because of windchime wrinkles, chiffon charades,
how you drifted by with sunlit skin.
3. because of the cinnamon sugar and allspice
in your footsteps,
the snap of your honeycrisp laugh.
4. because of butterfly hair and bronzed shoulders,
feathered eyelashes singing praises
to sunday morning chamomile.
5. because of the new mexican moons
and new york city murmurs
that kept you company.
6. because of sleeveless dawns
that caught you picking watercolored poppies
the color of your bitten lip.
7. because of the chopin in your hips.
8. because of how ocean colors fit you
like a remembered name.
9. because of the first time you dipped
your blood in champagne,
when every movement felt
10. because of how easy it would be
to forget you